Caulk SIS 440
Teak Caulk Cartridge 10.3 oz (305ml) – Black
Teak Caulk Cartridge 10.3 oz (305 ml) – White**
Teak Caulk Cartridge 10.3 oz (305ml) – Gray**
Teak Caulk Sausage 20 oz (592ml) – Black
Teak Caulk Sausage 20 oz (592ml) – White**
Teak Caulk Sausage 20 oz (592ml) – Gray**
“The Professional’s Choice”
SIS 440 Teak Deck Caulking
- One-part polymer adhesive/sealant neutral cure
- No primer necessary*
- Over 35 years of proven success
SIS 440 Caulking provides the durability boat owners require. It is a one-part, paste-like neutral cure formulation and when exposed to moisture in the air, it reacts to form a tough, flexible, solid rubber. The material does not sag during cure. Once cured, it has excellent temperature stability and chemical resistance. This neutral cure is non-corrosive to all substrates.
SIS 440 Caulking was developed mainly for teak decking seams. This silane polymer cures to provide better adhesion, longevity and appearance as compared to polysulfides, polyurethanes and MS polymers. SIS 440 has the highest rating resistance to UV, excellent resistance to chemicals and excellent temperature stability.
*SIS 440 Caulking is a well-tested and proven product in hot or cold climates, and no primer is needed when Application Instructions on packaging are followed as written.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- New! Video: How to Properly Prepare and Re-Caulk a Teak Deck Seam – Part 1 of 2
- Superyacht News – “Teak Decks: gray caulking vs black caulking” 19 Jul 2018
- Superyacht News – “Maintaining gray and white caulking on deck” 01 Nov 2018
- Practical Sailor – “Teak Sealants: Chemical Fanfare” – October 2008
- Practical Sailor – “Teak Caulk Update” – March 2007
- Practical Sailor – “The Great Goo Chase Begins” – September 2006